Sorry for not posting a lot, still trying to figure out the posting schedule. I wasn’t tagged but I really wanted to do a book tag so here it is! Hope this helps you guys to get to know more about me!
- Do you get sick while reading in the car?
I try not to read in the car because I do get a bit dizzy. If I am in a car or bus for a long period of time, I normally stick to audiobooks or music:)
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
I absolutely love V.E. Schwab’s writng style! The Shade of Magic series is one of my favourite series of all time! There’s just something about her writing that makes me become fully immerse in her worlds after only reading a few pages! The way she tells stories and how she magically strings up beautiful words together truly amazes me.
3. Harry Potter series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
I will have to choose the Harry Potter series and these are some reasons why:
+ I haven’t read the Twilight saga because a) I wasn’t interested reading paranormal romance b) I wasn’t a fan of the movies – although I know I shouldn’t judge the book based on the movies but it did give me a sense of what the series was about and I wasn’t interested.
+ I have read the Harry Potter series and I LOVED it!!! I love the world that JK Rowling created and I would read any future books she decides to publish that is set in the same world.
+ The Harry Potter movies are freaking fantastic:)
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is in it? (besides books)
I do carry a bag, and there is always a book in my bag:) My bag normally consists of my phone, wallet and iPod.
5. Do you smell your books?
I do not smell my books, but I do enjoy the smell of books.
6. Books with or without little illustrations?
I love books with illustrations! I enjoy the rare occasion where they do have illustrations in a YA book:)
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
I read Beautiful Creatures a while back and really enjoyed reading the series (eventually I stopped after the third book because it started becoming really boring) but recently I found out that it got quite bad reviews about the writing.
8. Do you have any stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
Not really? I used to love the Geronimo Stilton series when I was 8-9 years old. I think they used to release a new book from that series every month? I remember wanting to collect them all ~
9. What is the tiniest book on your shelf?
Thinnest book : Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them By J.K. Rowling
Shortest book (in height) : The Wander Society By Keri Smith
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
Um from what I can see on my book shelf, I think the thickest (in size) probably Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare. (Most pages: Outlander or the Mistborn Trilogy)
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
Nope, I do love English in high school but I suck at writing.
12. When did you get into reading?
Since I could remember, I always loved reading! I started reading YA in high school.
13. What is your favourite classic book?
My favourite classic is Alice in Wonderland and Alice Through the Looking Glass.
14. In school what was your best subject?
My favourite subject and the subject I did best in was Art!
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated, what would you do?
Um, I have no idea. Maybe give it to someone who would appreciate it more than me?
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
The Magisterium Series – it has a Harry Potter vibe to it as it involves a magical school.
17. What is a bad habit you always do while blogging?
This is my second post so I havent had any bad habits yet.
18. What is your favorite word?
I’ve always loved the word “whimsical”.
19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
I do prefer nerd, but I am sometimes a dork too haha:)
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Definitely Fairies.a) because I hate Vampires b) What I have read, fairies are happier and cuter and friendly – well, some of them.
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Angels, mainly because I would also love Shadowhunters to exist:)
22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Werewolves – gotta love the in-pack drama, plus they are good looking;))
23. Zombies or Vampires? Why?
Ugh neither – both creepy
24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
I can’t stand love triangle, it is so frustrating to read about it! I don’t mind some forbidden love though..
25. And finally: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
I can read both! But the best books have a 50:50 ratio:)
Hope you enjoyed the tag, I had a lot of fun doing it!